Thursday, May 30, 2013

Misadventures Of Five Minute Friday........ Imagine

I pull out of our space station. The roller coaster that I'm driving is pink for my oldest daughter, green for me, purple and yellow for the two youngest, and a rocket ship for the oldest because he doesn't like roller coasters. My four year old gravely informs me that ALL of our Pegasuses (Pegasuses?) are tied to the back of the car. Erika jumps in to correct him. There is no way that all 99 could be tied up, we had to leave some home. "Mom," she says, inviting me in to the game, "You have two Pegasuses. Their names are Glinda and Elphaba. Elphaba is green with a black mane and tail." I asked if she could have a purple star on the bum like A My Little Pony. "Yeth, she does. And Glinda is white and has a pink mane and tail." Of course, I had to give Glinda a pony mark; she got a sparkly, sky blue heart on her bum. Later, as we sat at a red light, we talked about how fun it would be if our Pegasuses would just lift us out of traffic and fly us where we want (never say "need") to go.
Imagine that!





11 comments:

  1. What a fun fantastic story and a great way to encourage your kids' imaginations! I'll have to try that sometime with Anna (and Betty too, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Betty is positive proof that you are already encouraging imagination. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Love it! I see we have some Wicked fans too. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! We LOVE Wicked! My little girl gravely informed me that Elphaba was green because her mother drank Green Elipstick (elixir).

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, please. Can I borrow some of your Pegasuses to get me out of traffic, from behind slow drivers and to my destination when it's far, far away? Tell her I'll give them back if I can just use them for a while. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our pegasuses are at home today, so I see no reason why you shouldn't borrow them. Today we have a magical rolloer coaster that will instantly jump to whatever track you want just by pushing a botton. It is indeed a charmed life. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  5. Well that sure sounds like a fun car ride! Happy times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always an adventure when you throw kids into the mix.

      Delete
  6. Awesome, I love it. We play airliner and I am the pilot announcing things like " We are now at our cruising altitude of two feet off the ground traveling at a speed of thirty miles an hour." My son however, is in a race car or fire truck where ever we go. You would just be amazed at how many fires there are that need to be put out. kind of makes me worry a little bit sometimes. I guess as long as he is putting them out and not starting them we are okay. Anyway, I found your blog recently and I love it. Thanks for the entertaining posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I don't think that we have ever driven a fire truck. I do sometimes hear, "Warp speed ahead!"

      Delete