Friday, May 24, 2013

Misadventures of.... 5 minute Friday

View: "But I don't want to exercise!" Cricket screamed, stomping her foot. You would think that my inner voice would sound a little more mature than my 6 year old, but it seldom does. So much of my day is spent arguing with myself over things that I don't want to do, or arguing with my children over things that they don't want to do, or stressing over the things that no one wants to do but we have to do anyway. It was one of those days. Running from one thing to the next; never stopping to enjoy the current activity, just worrying over the next thing that would come up. How will I make it to all of the places I need to be? What will I do? If I could only have some time..... At 11:55, I sit here reflecting on my rear view mirror. Austin was so happy to show me around the county fair at school. Erika and Nicole laughed and laughed when I told them about how their uncles used to tease! And my day started with a good, long 'nuggle with my "baby". Thank goodness that hindsight isn't 20/20, I often find that my day was much nicer when looked at in the rear view mirror.


6 comments:

  1. I understand. I always feel so rushed and feel like I didn't enjoy the moment in the moment but rather realized what a great moment it was later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is, that is life well lived. Everything looks better when you look back on it and you can find graces there that you didn't see at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somedays I completely agree with you. The busyness makes for a good day but we seem to miss the little moments until we have a chance to sit and reflect. Glad you had a good day! :)
    ~Sarah from http://sudryandspecific.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I agree with the exercising...hahaha. :) I usually sound like a 6 year old too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx for joining the FacebookLove hop! www.facebook.com/mommymentionables

    ReplyDelete